November 20, 2015
After the recent updates for Google Drive on Android and iPad, a new feature has been added today to Google Drive for the web. With a single click, you can easily drag and drop files and documents from your desktop right into your Drive’s folders and subfolders. To do this you need to make sure you have the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Here is how to check whether you have the latest Chrome version or not.
By default, Chrome gets updated automatically whenever there is a new version. However, if you haven’t closed your browser for awhile you will be able to see a coloured menu in the top right side of your browser indicating the availability of a new update:
- "A green menu means an update's been available for 2 days.
- An orange menu means an update's been available for 4 days.
- A red menu means an update's been available for 7 days.
- In the top right, click the Chrome menu .
- Click Update Google Chrome. If you don't see this button, you're on the latest version.
- Click Relaunch.
To Update Chrome on iPad
Chrome should automatically update based upon your iOS App Store settings. You can check if there's a new version available:
- Open the App Store.
- Touch Updates.
- If you see Chrome in the list, touch Update to install.
- If asked, enter your Apple ID password. The updates will download and install."