Twitter is a social network of huge importance for us in education. We have posted several articles about it here inEducational Technology and Mobile Learning and here is a resourceful section where you can access all the educational tools, tips, and ideas to help you to effectively leverage Twitter in your teaching and learning.
There are several ways we can use Twitter in education and here is a brief overview of some of them.
- Hold after class discussions
- Create an online community of students
- Ask questions relevant to course materials
- Start backchannel talks
- Create a classroom hashtag
- Use it for class announcements
- Get feedback from students
- Share interesting online materials
- Pass on information about events
- Have a Twitter account for each class
- Reward participation
- Integrate Twitter into Syllabus