What is edmodo ?
Edmodo is a web-based platform that provides a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices. It is like Facebook but in a safe and controlled environment appropriate for school.
How can I use edmodo with my students ?
Edmodo provides you with a secure environment where you can create a classroom group for your students. In this virtual group you can :
- Place digital resources on edmodo for students to access or download,
- Create polls for students to vote online.
- Write short summaries of lessons for students who were absent from class (better yet: get your students to write the summary).
- Post homework information.
- Each edmodo class group is managed and controlled by the teacher
- Students need an access code to join the class. If a student shares the code outside the class, the teacher can change it, without affecting students already joined in the group.
- Students can only communicate to the whole class or to the teacher – private messages between students are not possible.
- Anonymous posting is not possible.
- Teachers can delete posts.
- If schools upgrade (free) to the institutional features, the school can audit all teacher and student activity.
- Parental access to their children’s posts and to the teacher is an optional feature.