This is a follow up post to the 21st century search engines teacher must be aware of part 1 in which we covered three search engines namely : Bing , Biographicon, and Cyclo.ps . In today’s post , we will be talking about another four equally important search engines t
Forestle is a very nice search engine .It is not so much different from other search engines we have seen so far except that it promotes a very good cause which is that of the safeguard of the rain forest.
Goofram is a new mush-up that combines Google and Wolfram Alpha to provide a unique search service.
Got is a mush-p of Google blogs and Twitter . It is powered by Google and is very useful in staying updated about Twitter and search engine results .
Hakia is a semantic search technology engine . Some of its features include:
- Handling morphological variations
- Handling generalization
- Handling concept matching
- Knowledge matching
- Natural language queries and questions
- Ability to point to uninterrupted paragraph and the most relevant sentences
- Ability to enter queries freely , no special formats like quotes or Boolean operators
- Ability to operate without relying on statistics , user behavior , and other artificial means .
- Ability to detect its own performance