If you are a teacher or educator (well, or anybody else) looking for some good PDF annotating apps, you are in the right place. This is collection, which is based on Apple’s Scan, Sign, and Send collection, features some of the best and most popular PDF apps in the market. Some of the things you can do with these apps include: view and read PDFs, scan documents and convert scans into digital text, highlight and add comments to PDFs, annotate PDFs using various tools, edit PDF documents, fill out forms and sign documents, and many more. All of these apps provide subscription services with more advanced features. Go through the list and see which app works best for you.
‘The free Adobe Fill and Sign app lets you fill, sign, and send any form fast. You can even snap a picture of a paper form and fill it in on your phone or tablet. Then e-sign and send. No printing or faxing needed.’ Here is how to use the app:
- Fill. Scan paper forms with your camera or open a file from email. Tap to enter text or checkmarks in form fields. Fill forms even faster with custom autofill entries.
- Sign. Easily create your signature with your finger or a stylus, then apply your signature or initials to the form.
- Send. Save forms and send to others immediately via email.”
2- Scanner Pro
Use Scanner Pro to quickly scan documents, convert scans into text, and share your scanned materials. Some of the feature it provides include:
- “Turn your scans into text, so you can read, copy, and export it to other apps. Scanner Pro supports 25+ languages.
- Search through the text of your scans, not just their titles. Quickly find any scan no matter how it’s named.
- Automate your flow and perform multiple actions in just one tap. First, choose your actions – rename documents, send an email, upload to Dropbox, save to the required folder and much more. Then, with just one tap Scanner Pro will complete all of these actions, while you solve more important problems.
- Share as many scans as you want for FREE. Send scanned documents via email, export to Photos or open in any 3rd party application.
- Protect your document library with a secure password, Face ID, or Touch ID. Share password-protected scans to shield them from prying eyes.
- Scanner Pro saves the original document that you scanned. This means you can always go back and reverse the edit changes or annotations you made.”
A practical app to use to sign documents and request e-signature from others right from your mobile device. Some of the features it provides include:
- “Works across all of your devices — iPhone, iPad, and Mac, from any location and with any document format (PDF, Word, Excel, JPG, PNG, and more).
- Supports 24 languages, including English, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Italian, German, French, Finnish, Dutch, and Chinese.
- Import and save signed documents to your favorite cloud storage apps in Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, and more.
- Draw, scan or import your signature. Upload documents and fill in signature, initials, date, email, images, or any type of text like address, phone numbers, etc. All on the app.
- Add and assign fields to make it easy for your clients to fill and sign.
- Sign documents and collect others’ signatures
- Save and share frequently used documents as Templates
- Offline editing and signature capabilities.”
4- PDF Expert
- “Quickly open PDF documents from email, the web, or any app that supports “Open In…”
- Use the Text to Speech feature to hear the selected text read out loud.
- Mark important info in books or documents with the first class annotation tools: highlight, underline, strikethrough and others.
- Insert predesigned stamps such as Approved, Not Approved, Confidential and more.
- Add comments to the texts you read using sticky notes and drawing tools.
- Make Bookmarks when it comes to intuitive navigation through PDF files.
- Fill out any PDF forms with interactive fields such as text fields, checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Edit or modify existing text. The font, size, and opacity of the original text are automatically detected, so you can make edits easily.
- Easily add, replace and resize images in your PDFs. Or change a logo or a graph. PDF Expert will handle those edits easily.
- Use e-signatures to sign contracts and agreements on the go.
- Restrict access to PDF Expert with a password.”
‘DocuSign is the easiest and most secure way to sign and get documents signed from your iPhone or iPad. Some of the features it provides include:
- “Signing is free with DocuSign. Simply upload the document, select yourself as the signer, and create your own signature.
- Manage agreements on the go.
- Receive real-time push notifications when a document has been signed.
- Tag your document for signature from a select number of fields by simply dragging and dropping the tags.”
6- iAnnotate 4
Another practical app to use to read, annotate, and share PDFs, Microsoft Office files, images and web pages. Some of its features include:
- “Annotate: Choose from the pen, highlighter, typewriter, stamp, straight-line, note, underline, strikeout, photo, voice recording, arrow, rectangle, circle, and date stamp tools.
- Customize: Drag and drop tools to your custom toolbars. Swipe between toolbars, or open the Toolbox to access all your tools.
- Search documents in your local library and throughout your cloud storage.
- iAnnotate saves your markups directly to the PDF, so they can be viewed and edited in external PDF readers.
- Compress your annotations onto the document to prevent modification
- Open a web capture tab and find the site you want to mark up. iAnnotate will convert it to a PDF for annotation.
- Work on two documents side-by-side, for even greater productivity.
- Create brand new PDFs with blank, lined, or graph-paper pages.
- Add, delete, rotate, and rearrange pages in your documents.”
One of the best apps for annotating and signing PDFs out there. Some of the features it provides include:
- “Open and view PDFs with the free Adobe PDF viewer app.
- Print documents directly from your device.
- Search to find text fast in your PDF documents.
- Share files for commenting or viewing.
- Collect comments from multiple people in one file online.
- Add PDF notes and comments, including sticky notes and highlights.
- Write on PDF documents by adding text or drawings.
- Subscribe to edit text and images directly in your PDF.
- Fix a typo or add a paragraph with the paid PDF editor feature.
- Add, delete, or rotate an image with your upgraded Acrobat PDF app.
- Easily fill in PDF forms with the form filler feature.
- E-sign documents using your finger or stylus.”
8- Genius Scan
A good app to help you scan documents on the go and export them as JPEG or multi-page PDF files. Some of the features it provide include:
- “Smart scanning: Document detection & background removal; and distortion correction; batch scanning.
- PDF creation and editing: document merging & splitting; and multiple page PDF creation; photos and PDF import.
- Security and privacy: on-device document processing; and face ID locking; PDF password encryption.
- Document organization: document tagging, and smart document renaming (custom templates, …).
- Text Recognition (OCR): text extraction, and searchable PDF creation.”
This is a scanner app for documents and QR codes. Some of the features it provides include:
- “Scan premium quality PDFs or JPGs with 200 dpi and higher
- Fax: you can send your documents as a fax right from SwiftScan!
- Cloud integration: iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive and other cloud services
- Scan QR codes: URLs, Contacts, Phone Numbers, etc.
- Lightning fast: automatic edge detection and scanning
- Scan single & multi-page documents
- Enhance your scans: apply color, grayscale or black & white filters with automatic optimization
- One-tap email and print workflows
- Beautiful design & easy to use
- OCR: extract the text of your scans to copy, search, lookup, etc.
- Automatically upload scans to any cloud service
- iCloud synchronization between all of your devices
- WebDAV and FTP, sFTP and FTPs
- Edit documents: Move, rotate, add or delete pages
- Encryption: PDF password protection
- Passcode protection with Touch/Face ID support
- Beautiful themes: select your preferred look and feel
- Smart file naming”.