November 10, 2014
In addition to the presentation tips we have mentioned in the previous post, the visual below provides you with another set of tips to use when presenting in front of an audience. These tips relate to our body language and the use of gestures when presenting. As you know, the messages we communicate through the movement our bodies are just as expressive and powerful as the words we articulate. And if there is no symmetry between the two modes of communication, the message will definitely not be well sent.
I have gone through these tips and found them really interesting. For instance:
- Open your chest and arms and keep your back straight to boost your confidence
- To engage your audience, gesture with your arms and hands in a natural way, and look them in the eye.
- Use and walk the space you have available in order to bring movement to your speech.
- Vary your gestures to keep your audience’s attention
- To make a hard question seem easier, pause, breathe slowly and then answer while looking the questioner in the eye.
Read on through this visual to learn more about other body language tips to use when presenting in front of an audience.