|This visual is inspired by Elesapiens work|
What is critical thinking?
5 important critical thinking skills
1- Asking questions
2- Problem solving
Elements of critical thinking
3- Gather information
Characteristics of critical thinkers
Examples of what critical thinkers can do
- Identify fallacious arguments and provide counter-arguments.
- Conceptualize and analyze ideas effectively.
- Synthesize information from various sources into solid arguments.
- Evaluate information, compare and contrast it, and identify argumentative strengths and weaknesses.
- Structure arguments along a clear and logical order breaking down complex concepts into digestible ideas.
- Use different forms of data collection methods to gather information including observation, experience, reading, reflection, etc.
- Read between and beneath lines, access hidden meanings, and expose implications.