The new year, 2023, is only a few days away. Now is the perfect time to get your new year wishes ready to send to friends and loved ones. This time, though, you don’t have to do the work alone. I trawled the web and came up with the list below featuring a wide variety of new year wishes. Use these expressions and phrases to craft your own wishes and enrich your greetings vocabulary.
I categorized these wishes into General New Year Wishes that you can send to anyone you want, New Year Wishes for Friends, New Year Wishes for Loved Ones (e.g., family, partner, or spouse), Funny New Year Wishes, and Inspirational New Year Wishes.
As a teacher, you can share these resources with students to provide them with words to use when writing new wishes to each others. You can also use online graphic design tools such as Adobe Express to create beautiful new year’s cards to share via email or print.
New Year Wishes (General)
1. Out with the old, in with the new. Here’s to a new year, here’s to you!
2. Bring it on 2023! May all the new adventures be yours this year.
3. A joyful present and a well-remembered past—it’s to these things that we raise a glass!
4. Wishing you and your family a happy new year filled with hope, health, and happiness – with a generous sprinkle of fun!
5. Happy New Year! Wishing you lots of love and laughter in 2023 and success in reaching your goals!
6. Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of laughter, 365 days of fun, 8760 hours of joy, 525600 minutes of good luck, and 31536000 seconds of happiness. Happy New Year!
7. Greetings of the Season and best wishes for the New Year!
8. Happy New Year! Thank you for being an important part of an amazing year.
9. Best wishes for the Holidays, and for health and happiness throughout the coming year.
10. Wishing you another successful trip around the sun!
11. May 2023 be an extraordinary year!
12. Happy new year! May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
13. New year, new start. May all your dreams come true in 2023!
14. May all your wildest dreams manifest in 2023. You’ve got this!
New year Wishes for Friends
1. New year, new adventures with my best friend. I can’t wait!
2. Our friendship is like wine, and it’s a new year of us getting better with age. Thank you for being you and cheers to what is coming our way.
3. Each year, you help shape me into a better person. Wishing you a 2023 full of the same love and guidance you always give me.
4. Wishing for the happiest new year for you! May our friendship only grow stronger in 2023.
5. In an extraordinary year, I’ve been grateful for your extraordinary friendship…. Thank you. And cheers to new beginnings!
6. You deserve all the best: May all your wishes come true in 2023!
7.Wishing you nothing but health, wealth, and endless blessings in the New Year ahead.
8.Our friendship made it another year around the sun. Here’s to another great one, and hopefully many, many more.
9. Friendships like yours are what made the past year so meaningful.
10.To unforgettable memories with an unforgettable friend…and many more to come. Happy New Year!
Inspiring and Motivational New Year wishes
1. As seasons change and years come and go, may your blessings always continue to grow! Happy New Year!
2. As the sun sets on another year, may it rise again and shine light on new opportunities, perspectives, and adventures ahead!
3. New year, fresh start, life’s a canvas, begin your art!
4. Happy New Year1 May the coming year better and happier.
5. May the New Year bring you happiness, peace, and prosperity. Wishing you a joyous 2023!
6. The future is your story to write… make next year the best one yet.
7. On the road to success, the rule is always to look ahead. May you reach your destination and may your journey be wonderful. Happy New Year.
8. End each year with a few good lessons and start the new one by showing that you have learnt the lessons of the past well.
9. Life is short. Live 2023 to the fullest.
10. Happy New Year! I hope all your dreams come true in 2023. Onwards and upwards!
11. At precisely the moment you feel like giving up, victory is always within reach. Remember this moving into the New Year.
12. Let your aspirations have wings so they may take you far in 2023. 2
13. Wishing you a fresh start with renewed energy and confidence throughout the New Year. 2
Happy New year Wishes to Loved Ones
1. Happy New Year! Although we may be far apart, you are always in my heart.
2. Happy New Year! I hope next year brings us more wonderful opportunities to spend time together.
3. Thank you for being such an important part of our life. Let’s make 2023 the best year ever. Happy New Year!
4. Sending you the very best of wishes for the new year. May it be full of bright opportunities!
5. May you find happiness in every sunrise, sunset, and rainbow in 2023. May this year be the best year of our lives!
6. Every year we make resolutions and we vow to keep them. This year, my only resolution is to keep spending time with you.
7. You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year be special for you.
8. You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year be special for you.
Funny New Year Wishes
1. May all of your troubles last as long as my New Year’s resolutions! Happy New Year!
2. Happy New Year! Don’t forget to make a new year’s resolution you won’t keep.
3. Many people look forward to the New Year for a new start on old habits.
4. Happy New Year and good luck next year! We’ll both need it!
5. Wishing you 12 months of success, 52 weeks of laughter, 365 days of fun, 8,760 hours of joy, 525,600 minutes of good luck, and 31,536,000 seconds of happiness.
6. I’m so excited for the new year. Unfortunately, I don’t have to make any resolutions because I am already perfect
7. Happy New Year! Let’s eat, drink, and be merry – for tomorrow we diet!
8. The most fun part about making New Year’s resolutions is breaking New Year’s resolutions.
9. A New Year’s resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.
10. We all get the exact same 365 days. The only difference is what we do with them.