As an academic activity, creating story books engages students in meaningful social learning activities that target a wide variety of literacy skills. There are tons of story maker apps out there that students can use to create and share their own digital story books and the list below features some of our favourite titles to try out. These are apps that will empower your students with a suite of creative tools to help them unleash their story telling gene within. Students will be able to design their stories using pre-made templates, writing prompts, images, audio and music, customized backgrounds, and many more. Check them out and share with us your feedback on our social media platforms.
Book Creator for iPad stands out as a top-tier storytelling tool designed with students in mind. This feature-packed app empowers users to:
- Add text from a diverse collection of over 50 fonts
- Incorporate photos and images from various sources, including the iPad’s photo library, the web, or directly from the iPad’s camera
- Modify and manipulate content with features like resizing, rotating, and snap positioning
- Enrich stories with videos, music, or voice recording
- Use the intuitive pen tool to draw or annotate
- Opt for a variety of book sizes, including portrait, landscape, or square
- Bring stories to life with comic templates, stickers, and styles
- Read books in iBooks with a single tap
- Publish books online (teachers only)
- Share your book via email, AirDrop, cloud services, or WebDav server
- Export your creation as a movie file or PDF
- Print effortlessly with AirPrint or other printer apps.
The Story Creator app transforms story creation into an effortless, fun-filled activity, even for kids. It offers a stunning compilation of features:
- An intuitive, user-friendly interface that makes story creation enjoyable
- Capability to include attractive photos and captivating videos
- Easy integration of photos from your device, Dropbox, Flickr, Picasa, or Facebook
- Addition of text and audio recordings to each page
- Text highlighting function for effective reading lessons
- Seamless sharing of stories and easy copying across devices
- One-click story sharing via email.
3- Puppet Pals 2
“Puppet Pals 2 is a fantastic application that transforms your device into an animated storytelling studio,” as acclaimed by David Pogue of the New York Times. It offers an engaging and easy-to-use platform where children can let their imagination fly, creating high-quality cartoons featuring themselves alongside pre-loaded characters.
Ideal for educators, Puppet Pals 2 provides a unique, interactive way for students to reenact historical events, practice language skills, or present compelling book reports. Its intuitive interface allows students to create educational cartoons that have been applauded by thousands of teachers and parents globally. The resulting projects can be easily shared for wider viewership via email, Facebook, or direct video file transfer, ideal for showcasing on a classroom blog.
Key features and uses include:
- Production of short instructional videos across various learning areas.
- Storytelling, reporting, and historic retells.
- Encouraging reluctant public speakers to present to the class.
- Assisting foreign language or ESL students in improving their fluency and language skills.
- Brainstorming and storyboarding for ideas and presentations.
Incorporating characters from the standard curriculum, Puppet Pals 2 captivates children’s attention while subconsciously instilling valuable lessons. This feature ensures kids are fully engrossed, often without realizing they’re acquiring knowledge that will benefit them for years to come.
Some of the features provided by My Story Book Maker include:
- “Create and share storybooks in movie and ebook format by adding drawings, photos, and stickers. Export to iBooks or YouTube!
- Record your voice on every page and share your story with friends, family and classmates!
- Share your storybooks to the web, on Facebook and Twitter, and standard ePub format to be viewed in 3rd party apps or edited in iBooks Author. Or export as a movie to Mp4 format straight to YouTube!”