Ways to use Padlet in your teaching?
How to make a Padlet?
- Wall: Arrange content in a ‘brick-like layout’.
- Stream: arrange content in an easy to read, top-to-bottom feed’.
- Grid: organize content in rows and boxes.
- Shelf: Arrange content in a series of columns.
- Map: Add content to points on a map.
- Canvas: ‘Scatter, group, and connect content in any way.’
- Timeline: Arrange content along a horizontal line.
How to add posts to your Padlets?
- Upload: Upload various types of files to your posts.
- Audio recorder: Use your computer’s mic to record and add audio.
- Drawing: Use Padlet’s drawing tool to create drawings and save them to your posts.
- Camera: Grab photos using your computer’s camera and add them to your posts.
- Video recorder: Use your computer’s mic and camera to record and add videos to your posts.
- Screen recorder: Instal Padlet’s Chrome extension to start recording your screen and add screencasts to you padlets.
- Location: Use Google Maps to easily add locations to your posts.
- Links: Add links by pasting their URLs.
- Images and GIFs: Use Padlet’s internal search service to search for Images and GIFs to add to your Padlets.
Share options and privacy settings
- Private: Padlets are hidden from everyone else and can’t be accessed even when someone tries to.
- Password protected: Padlets are still hidden but you can share them with others and let them access them through a password.
- Members only: Padlets are hidden and only members who are logged in can access them.
- Secret: Padlets are hidden but when you share them with others they can access them.
- Public: They are open to the whole public to access and view.
How to invite members to your Padlets?
- Can read: Members can only view posts but they can not add or edit posts, approve others’ posts, modify or delete padlets, nor invite collaborators.
- Can write: Members can only view and write posts but they can not edit or approve others’ posts, modify or delete padlets, nor invite collaborators.
- Can edit: Members can view, add, edit, and approve others’ posts but they can not modify and delete padlets nor invite collaborators.
- Can administer: Members can view, add, edit, and approve others’ posts. They can also modify and delete padlets and invite collaborators.
What is Padlet Gallery ?
Padlet Gallery hosts tons of sample padlets created by the user community. These are especially helpful to use to get inspirations and design ideas to try out on your own padlets. Also, note that Padlet does offer a feature called Remake which allows you to copy the design (or posts) of a padlet and use it as a template for your own work but you should make sure you respect the intellectual property of others and familiarize yourself with Padlet’s content policy before you use Remake.