Ways to Use class website with your students:
- Use your class website as a connecting platform with parents, school community, and the world at large, some sort of backchannel to facilitate communication with the outer world.
- Showcase students hard work and achievements. When students know that their work can be shared with others to see, they get excited and motivated thus increasing their engagement and participation. Also, showcasing students work on class website can be a source of inspiration for other students in your class or in other schools to perform better.
- Use your class website as a platform to empower students voice and provide them with a space where they can unleash their creative thinking. Feeling of empowerment is key to boosting students learning.
- Use your class site and more specifically the Announcement feature to share urgent and important information with students (e.g., class news, assignments due dates, class events, etc.).
- Create a library page where you and your students upload educational materials for the whole class to access.
- Students can use class website to create and share their personal digital portfolios, collaborate on group projects, present their findings on a research topic, create and manage classroom activities, and many more.
2- Add content to your site
3- Invite other to co-edit your class site
Google Sites Video tutorials from Google for Education
- Introduction to Google Sites
- Add Text, Change the Theme, and Preview Your Site
- Publish Your Site and Get Feedback