Chromebooks, with their multifunctional capabilities, offer an array of uses beyond conventional computing tasks. One such fascinating application is transforming your Chromebook into a creative music studio, where you can compose, mix, and share your unique melodies.
Numerous music creation apps can aid in this artistic endeavor, and we’ve curated a selection of the finest options available. Dive into the rhythm of creation with these top-notch apps that open a world of musical possibilities.
Before we delve into this vibrant list, we’ll first tackle some commonly asked questions about harnessing music capabilities on Chromebooks. Let’s tune in to answer your queries and unlock the symphony of opportunities that Chromebook music apps offer.
How do you get music on your Chromebook?
You can easily play music you have on your Chromebook by following these steps:
- ‘Sign in to your Chromebook.
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher and then Up arrow .
- Open Files .
- Find your music files.
- Double-click a music file. It will open in the media player.’
[Educational Chromebook Apps for Teachers and Students]
Does Chromebook have a media player?
Yes, Chromebook has its own default media player which plays most of media formats out there. However, you can always install third party media players from Chrome web store if you need more advanced features and functionalities.
Can you shuffle music on a Chromebook?
Here is how to shuffle music on Chromebook internal player:
- ‘Open playlist: Select Playlist . All audio files in the same folder make a playlist.
- Shuffle music: Select Shuffle .
- Repeat playlist: Select Repeat .
- Repeat a song: Double-click or double-tap Repeat to set it to Repeat Song .’
Apps to create music on Chromebook:
BandLab is a great music tool to use on your Chromebook. It enables users to record, mix, and collaborate on music production. BeatLab’s free Mix Editor provides access to a huge library of beats and loops with the ability to import or record live audio.
Using Mix Editor you will be able to record, edit and remix your tracks. You can add creative effects, use loops, and fetch samples from BeatLab’s royalty-free sound packs.
There are also over 200 professionally created instruments from drum kits to pianos that users can try out. “There are no limits to how much music you can create. With unlimited cloud storage and accessibility across all devices, you can access the music you created on your phone from your desktop browser. Music making is everywhere.”
2- Soundtrap for Education
Most of you are familiar with Soundtrap. This is an excellent tool that allows you to create “music online by using loops and software instrument and by recording vocals, guitars and more. Invite friends to collaborate. It’s free and no download is required.”
Soundtrap is a digital audio station that you can use right on your browser and works across different devices and operating systems. Some of the features Soundtrap for Education offers include:
- “Create music with a large set of high-quality, professional loops.
- Record vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, bass and more.
- Use the preamp and the large number of high-quality guitar, bass and vocal effects
- Play the built-in sampled instruments (piano, organ, synths, drums)
- Save your recordings in the cloud
- Invite friends to collaborate on the recording using, for example, video chat possibilities.
- Share your recordings on Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud
- Distribute your music on iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, Rhapsody and Google Play
- Use it on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, Android phones and tablets and iPad”.
3- Song Maker
Song Maker provides you with a powerful music making platform where you can compose, create and share your music. You can record your voice and add it to songs. The app’s library includes thousands of free sounds, beats and loops to use in your own music project.
Song Maker offers numerous sounds categories and loop samples including “Bass, Guitar, Trap & Future Bass One Shot, Trap Loops, Hip Hop, Metal Guitar Loops, Metal Guitar One Shot, Drum & Bass, Kick, Clap, Piano, Piano Loops and a song maker to compose music. Make music with our sounds or add your own to the mix, work like a DJ in the music studio and enjoy your composition.”
4- Music Maker Jam
This is a simple and easy to use song maker that lets you create music and remix beats. There are over 300 Mix packs with more than 500.000 loops. Music Maker Jam also enables you to “record your voice and mix your vocals into your beats, then apply autotune effects for ultimate results, like a real trap beat maker.”
When your songs are ready you can share them directly to social media websites including YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook, TikTok and more.
5- Eding Mix
Edjing Mix turns your device into a DJ set up enabling you to remix and create beautiful tracks. Some of the interesting features it provides include:
- Access 16 free samples: siren, gunshot, kick, snare
- Possibility to link the sampler to the crossfader to cut the pads’ samples sound depending on your crossfader’s position.
- HD recording of your mixes and scratch routines in .wav format
- Access millions of tracks coming from TIDAL, SoundCloud and all your local folders and remix in an instant with more than 20 DJ fx and features.
- Queue system to prepare the upcoming songs
- Automatic BPM detection for all your songs
- little audio spectrum to navigate in your music
- automated audio FX sync on the BPM (loop, cue, seek), and more.
‘Audiotool is a powerful online DAW right in your browser with a built-in publishing platform to share your creations. Build your arrangement by dragging the devices to the desktop and connect them with virtual cables. All device settings can be saved as a preset and be shared with the community resulting in more than 50.000 presets for the various devices.’