Why animated GIFs in education?
Ways to use animated Gifs with you students
- How GIFs can invigorate instruction, by Marcus James
- Learning on a loop: Make it memorable by animated GIFs, by Tony Vincent
- Three tips for using GIFs in the English classroom, by Lindsay Ann
- Using GIFs for learning, by Meredith Akers
- Get your middle school kids into GIFs next fall, by MiddleWeb
- Using GIFs in the classroom, by STEM Learning
- 5 Free GIF apps for teachers and students, by Common Sense Media
Tools to create animated GIFs
Jiang, Jialun “Aaron”, Fiesler, Casey, & Brubaker, Jed R. (2018). “The Perfect One”: Understanding Communication Practices and Challenges with Animated GIFs. Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, Vol. 2, No. CSCW, Article 80.
Karla J. Aleman & Toccara D. Porter (2016) 10-Second Demos: Boiling Asynchronous Online Instruction Down to the Essentials with GIF Graphics, Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning, 10:3-4, 64-78, DOI: 10.1080/1533290X.2016.1193414