- Nodes: You can easily add different types of nodes (e.g., subnode, sibling node, parental node). You can also drag and drop to replace a node or redivide it. You can even use the Ctrl+C to copy a node or branch and paste it into another mind map.
- Text: You can edit the text of your mind map to your liking. You can change the font, font size, font color of a text, etc.
- Theme: You can easily change the theme of your mind maps. Simply click on the ‘Theme’ icon on the right toolbar and select ‘More’ to access more theme choices.
- Layout: GitMind provides different layouts including Mind Map, Logic Chart, Tree Chart, Org Chart and Fishbone. To change layout click on ‘Layout’ in the right toolbar and select the option you want.
- Outline mode: Outline mode enables you to ‘edit, export and view the whole map’. You can export the outline to a Word document by clicking on ‘W’.
- Icons: You can add different icons or task priorities to your nodes. To do so, choose a node then click on Icon at the right toolbar.
- Links: You can insert links into your mind maps by simply clicking within a node and selecting Insert link.
- Relation line: You can connect two nodes using a relation line. To do so, click on a node and select ‘Relation line’ from the right toolbar.
- Summary: This feature allows you to summarize numerous nodes under one branch.
- Comment: You can add comments to your mind maps by clicking on a target node and selecting comment icon from the upper right corner.
- Focus mode: Focus mode provides you with a distraction-free canvas to design your mind maps. To active this mode, click on the ‘Focus’ button from the upper toolbar.
- History map: GitMind allows you to restore the history version of your mind maps by simply right-clicking and selecting ‘History Version’.
- Images: You can easily insert images into your mind map. The process is simple and easy: select a node, click ‘Attachment’, select ‘Insert images’ and you can either drag and drop the image or select from a folder in your local drive. GitMind also enables you to add screenshots to your nodes. Simply grab a screenshot using the screen capture tool of your choice, click on the target node where you want to add it then click on Ctrl+V to paste the image.