- “An updated and improved visual icon and animation on the video tile
- The tiles of people with raised hands may be moved to be more visible in the video grid
- An audio notification for all participants when the first raised hand is raised
- A clickable notification which shows the number of raised hands and which links to an ordered queue of all participants with raised hands
- That a participant’s hand will be automatically lowered after they speak.”
For those of you using Google Meet in their instruction, Google has recently released a slew of importance updates that will help enhance your video conferencing experience. These features are related to the ‘hand raise’ functionality. From now on, moderators or hosts of Meet will find it easy to view and respond to raised hands. More specifically, they will be able to view:
These new features are rolling out over the next few days. Also, the availability of these features is restricted to “meetings organized by users with Workspace Essentials, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, Enterprise Plus, Education Fundamentals, Education Plus, Nonprofits, as well as G Suite Business customers”.