- “Join a meeting at meet.google.com.
- In the green room, select how you want to sound and look in the meeting.
- At the bottom left, before you join, click Check your audio and video .
- In the window that appears, check your device settings Next.
- To preview how you would look in a meeting, click Start.
- At the top right, click Close .
- Join the meeting or change your settings.”
Google Meet is getting more and more traction within the education community. Several teachers and educators from all over the world are using it to connect, collaborate, instruct, organize and attend online meetings. The strength of Google Meet resides in its simple yet sophisticated features providing users with a suite of powerful tools to transform their video conferencing experience. Our Google Meet section here in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning embeds practical tips and guides to help you make the best of this digital platform in your instruction. In today’s post, we are sharing with you this handy tip called the green room self-check.
Green room self-check allows you to preview how you look and sound before you join a Google Meet video call. Here is how to check your audio and video settings:
Source: Google Meet Help