Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it.
BlocksCAD is a great platform that allows students to design 3D models using their computing and coding skills. The site features a treasure trove of learning materials and curricular content that teachers can easily integrate in their instruction. It offers detailed standard-aligned lesson plans, professional development resources, online courses, webinars, and several other materials to help teachers, students and educators make the best of BlocksCAD in their teaching/learning.
BlocksCAD can be used for different educational purposes. Students can use it to ‘build geometrical proficiency and other math skills’, ‘write a computer program to describe a solid 3D model’, create educational games and many more. As for teachers, BlocksCAD offers a platform where they can teach coding, math and computer skills. Some of the things teachers can do on BlocksCAD include:
- “Create classes
- Manage your student’s accounts
- Access and Edit student code
- Download student .stl files for your 3D printer
- Support from the BlocksCAD team
- See how long students spend on their designs
- Lessons provided for grades 3-12:
- Introductory lessons
- Common Core math aligned lessons
- CSTA Computer Science standards aligned lessons
- Create your own custom lessons”
Watch the video below to learn more about BlocksCAD