For those of you not familiar with Google Lens, this is an excellent app that allows you to use the camera of your phone to digitize the world around you. You can use it to:
- “Identify plants and animals: Find out what that plant is in your friend’s apartment, or what kind of dog you saw in the park.
- Explore places around you:Identify and learn about landmarks, restaurants, and storefronts. See ratings, hours of operation, historical facts, and more.
- Find the look you like:See an outfit that catches your eye? Or a chair that’s perfect for your living room? Find similar clothes, furniture, and home decor to the one you like.
- Know what to order:See popular dishes on a restaurant menu based on reviews from Google Maps.
- Scan codes:Quickly scan QR codes and barcodes.”