Here are some powerful video screen capture tools you can use to record everything that takes place on your Chrome browser. Some of them support desktop recording allowing you to record your screen and not only tabs (e.g., Screencastify). As a teacher, you can use these web tools to create educational video tutorials, step-by-step guides, explainers, presentations and many more. You may want to try them out and see which one works best for you.
Some of the features provided by Screencastify include:
- ‘Desktop, browser tab or webcam capture
- Narrate with your microphone’s audio
- Customize your resolution and FPS
- Embed your webcam into the screencast
- Annotate your screen with a pen tool
- Focus a spotlight on your mouse
- Crop your recording (Premium)
- Trim your recording (Premium)
- Videos automatically save to Google Drive
- Publish directly to YouTube
- Save and manage videos locally
- Export as .mp4 or animated gif (Premium)’
Watch this video to learn more about Screencastify.
‘HYFY is the simplest way to record a video screen capture and share with your team…Just click record and start talking. When you’re done, share it with your team through Slack, JIRA or HipChat or just paste your video URL wherever you want. HYFY will capture video of any activity within a tab, including the mouse position and clicks. The free version is limited to 3 minutes of recording time. Full desktop capture and longer recording times up to 30 minutes are available in the paid PRO version.’
3- Hippo Video
‘With Hippo Video you can easily record, edit, share. It is free webcam recorder. You can record your webcam or screen capture or choose to record both webcam and screen simultaneously at the click of a button. Some of its features include:
- Collaborate and create videos with your students/team without any hassle.
- Track the engagement of your video, see how well it is performing.
- Edit your video with edit options like trim, crop, add callouts, emojis and tags.
- Focus, highlight and mark any part of the video in screen recorder.
- Add audio to your video.
- Stitch your videos as a part of the advance edit option.
- Import videos and edit them. It is a youtube editor alternative
- Add introduction or end cards to the videos.
- Protect your video with a password.
- Set an expiry date for the shared video link.
- Upload the created videos to Youtube, Vimeo, Google Drive. ’
Watch this video to learn more about Hippo Video
‘Loom is an excellent web tool for creating quick video tutorials to share with your students or colleagues. The tool is very simple and easy to use, and most importantly, it is integrated with several services including Gmail, Google Docs, Dropbox, Trello, Asana and many more. This means that any video you record can be watched directly where it is shared.’
‘‘ViewedIt breaks down communication barriers by allowing you to simply communicate with anyone through video. To make this as easy as talking to a friend, we have one-click screen recording, easy video sharing in email and social, and notifications when people watch your videos’’.
First appeared here