January 2, 2017
TextGrabber is free today an only for a limited period of time. TextGrabber is an excellent OCR (Optical Character Recognition) app that allows you to easily scan printed text from almost any printed material and save it in different formats. You can also edit your saved text and share it with others through SMS, e-mail, Evernote or via popular social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. Additionally, TextGrabber enables you to translate scanned text into more than 100 languages and you can even use VoiceOver to hear your translated text spoken aloud. However, translation is not a free feature. It’s provided as an in-app purchase.
Other interesting features provided by TexGrabber include:
- ’Easy and accurate text or QR-codes capture from printed sources, such as books, magazines, ads, timetables, etc.
- Accurate on-device text recognition for 60+ languages, including German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, English, Chinese, Korean and others
- Instant translation into 100+ languages (Internet connection is required, separate in-app purchase)
- Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature
- Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people
- Fast and convenient sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, email or SMS
- All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder’.
Courtesy of Apps Gone Free