October 2, 2015
Delivering a successful keynote or presentation entails, among other things, a great deal of confidence from the speaker/presenter. Practice, training and dedication feed confidence and provide it with the needed milieu to grow and thrive. Public speaking is, after all, a skill that develops through practice. In previous posts we covered some useful techniques and ideas on what it takes to create and deliver presentations that engage your audience and keep them focused. The actual resource we have for you today goes in the same direction.
‘How to Deliver A Great Presentation’ is an excellent infographic created by Gavin Austin and Regina Burkebile and features a number of key tips to help you master the art of public speaking. Some of these tips include:
- Know your audience and what they need to learn
- Provide clear and specific answers tailored for your audience’s learning needs
- Focus on clarity and simplicity when communicating your message
- Use the 10-minutes rule to keep your audience engaged
- Make effective use of your body language and try moving around to keep a sense of energy and confidence
- Design your message in a story-like narrative with a beginning, middle and end
- Use visuals in your slides
- Add the minimum possible of text to your slides
- Rehearse your presentation several times and identify the weak points you need to work on
- At the end of your presentation, make room for questions and make your materials available for your audience.
Check out the full infographic from this page. Enjoy
Courtesy of Elearning Infographics.