After we have seen how to take screenshots on the web, iPad and Chromebooks, today we are sharing with you some very good apps to use to capture the screen of your Mac. These are by far the most popular apps in the Mac App Store and also some of our favourites. If we are to choose only two apps from this list then we would select: MonoSnop and lightshot.
Monosnop is a wonderful tool that you can use to :
- Capture full screen, just part of the screen, or a selected window
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrows and shapes
- Hide private information with our blur tool
- Open snapshots in your favorite external editor
- Drop images on the Monosnap icon to upload them to the cloud
- Upload your snapshot to our storage in one click
- Or save it to your local folder and copy it to clipboard
‘See something that sparks an idea? Use Skitch to snap it, mark it up with simple tools, and send it on in an instant. Your bold ideas stand out even brighter with Skitch.’
‘Allows you to capture any part of your Mac screen. After capturing you can upload picture to prntscr.com server and get nice short link. You can share your screens via Twitter or Facebook. Lightshot allows you to search visual similar images over the Internet.’
‘Snagit helps you transform the level and quality of your communication with video and images. You can quickly provide better feedback, encourage teamwork, and change the way you work together to get things done. You can capture any image and enhance it with effects or create a quick video of your computer screen. Easily customize any screenshot with effects to fit your needs’.