Google’s advanced OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology allows Drive users to easily convert text in images and PDF documents into searchable documents with the ability to easily edit and save editions. Check out this post to learn more about how you can use Google Docs to convert images and PDFs to editable text.
Google Drive app for Android has this wonderful integrated functionality that allows users to use the camera on their devices to scan any type of document (e.g. receipts, letters, billing statements…etc) then save it in the form of a searchable PDF file. The process is pretty simple and this is how to do it as explained in Drive help:
- Open the Drive app.
- Touch the red + button in the bottom right corner.
- Touch the Scan button .
- Use your phone’s camera to take a picture of the document you’d like to scan.
- A preview of the image will appear. If you’re not happy with the scan, touch the refresh button to take another photo.
- If your document has several pages, you can scan another page by touching the + button.
- Once you’ve finished scanning pages, touch the checkmark. Your document will be saved in your Drive as a searchable PDF.
Courtesy of Makeuseof