April 7, 2015
A few days ago, we published a list of some of the best web tools to help you manage and organize your citations and references. One of the useful tools we forgot to include to that list is RefMe. We are pretty sure several of you already know about it. However, here is a concise review of RefMe for those of you not familiar with it.
RefMe is a web tool and mobile app that you can use to automate citations, reference lists and bibliographies. RefMe also offers a bunch of powerful features that will definitely help students in their research. Some of these features include :
- Generate citations by scanning book or journal barcodes using your phone’s camera.
- No Barcode? Search by Book/Article Title, ISBN, ISSN, DOI or URL.
- Citing a website? Simply paste in the URL or use RefME.com, which syncs with the app and is perfect for websites.
- A wide variety of citation styles including APA, MLA, Chicago and AMA as well as most school/college-specific styles.
- Add notes to your citations, both in the app and at RefME.com.
- Export via Email or Evernote using the app.
- Send your work straight to MS Word, EndNote and more from RefME.com.