January 6, 2015
Chromebook Classroom Livebinder is a very good page packed full of chrome book resources including apps, guides, tutorials, presentations and several other materials. Wading through it I came across these two science apps that you can use in class with your students. Please share with us if you have other suggestions to add to this list.
ChemReference is a detailed and powerful periodic table of the elements and chemistry reference tool designed with a fast workflow in mind. Some of its features include:
- Auto-scaling periodic table
- Fully searchable with real-time highlighting of matched elements
- Very quickly navigable with keyboard shortcuts for common actions
- Trend highlighting for all properties of elements with color-weighted trends
- Quick links to Wikipedia, WebElements, and Wolfram|Alpha for further element information
The BioDigital Human is a free 3D platform that simplifies the understanding of anatomy, disease, and treatments.Choose from 1000’s of interactive visualizations to build your own custom library of models. Interactive tools combined with detailed medical descriptions provide an unprecedented new visual format to learn about your body.