Weebly, the popular website creation platform, has now a powerful app that works on iPad. Besides Google Sites, Weebly is one of the best free web tools I have been recommending for teachers to use for creating classroom websites and students portfolios. Weebly has a very simply and easy to use editor that allows you to create your website within a couple of minutes. You can simply drag and drop different elements into your template and add your content and share your website with the world. I have already written a couple of guides on Weebly which you can check from the links below:
- Here is How to Use Weebly to Create A Website for Your Class
- Video Tutorials to Help You Create A Website for Your Class
- A Managed, Protected Environment for Your Students. With Weebly, you can password protect all your students’ websites with one click.
- Add pictures, videos, audio players, documents, maps, and photo galleries easily by dragging and dropping.
- Post class updates, homework assignments, and news for parents using the super slick blogging features.
- You can completely customize the template of your site, or build your own with HTML & CSS, right in the Weebly editor.
- It also provides the hosting so you don’t need to pay for a hosting provider.
- It has three options when it comes to choosing an address for your site: 1) You can choose to publish your website to a free sub-domain of Weebly.com (http://Weebly.com), 2) you can purchase a domain directly from Weebly which we instantly set up with your site, or 3) you can configure a domain that you already own to work with your Weebly site (we’ll show you how to do this).
- It is completely free to create and publish a website with Weebly.