September 1, 2014
Notability, one of my favourite note taking app out there, is now available for Mac users. I have been using it on my Windows computer for sometime now and I must say that I like it better than Evernote. Some of the features Notability offers to its Mac users include:
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
- Notes look the same on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill out and sign forms.
- Use all the tools to mark up photos, maps, schematics, and more.
- Organize your notes by subject.
- Backup your notes to Dropbox and Google Drive automatically.
- Share your notes with study groups and colleagues via email, Airdrop, Dropbox and Google Drive.
Notability for Mac is not free.It costs $9.99