April 24, 2014
Weebly is perfect for creating classroom websites, student e-portfolios, and websites for assigned projects. I have been using this platform for sometime now and find it really interesting. I have also included in the popular ” 10 excellent platforms to create your classroom blog or website” post. Weebly is very simple and easy to use and and has a drag & drop website editor which is stunningly simple to utilize, and appropriate for use with students of all ages. Weebly enables your students to express themselves creatively using a variety of multimedia features, all within a protected environment that you control.
- A Managed, Protected Environment for Your Students. With Weebly, you can password protect all your students’ websites with one click.
- Add pictures, videos, audio players, documents, maps, and photo galleries easily by dragging and dropping.
- Post class updates, homework assignments, and news for parents using the super slick blogging features.
- You can completely customize the template of your site, or build your own with HTML & CSS, right in the Weebly editor.
- It also provides the hosting so you don’t need to pay for a hosting provider.
- It has three options when it comes to choosing an address for your site: 1) You can choose to publish your website to a free sub-domain of Weebly.com (http://Weebly.com), 2) you can purchase a domain directly from Weebly which we instantly set up with your site, or 3) you can configure a domain that you already own to work with your Weebly site (we’ll show you how to do this).
- It is completely free to create and publish a website with Weebly.