March , 2014
As you probably know, Google Drive has recently announced the addition of add-ons to its features. These are third party extensions that you can install on your Drive to enhance its performance.I have been trying out some of these add-ons and decided to feature three of them here. The add-ons I selected are ideal for helping students improve their writing. For more add-ons please refer to this list.
ProWriting Aid is a great tool that provides a variety of features to help students improve their writing. some of these features include:
- Check your writing for consistency, plagiarism, acronyms, cliches, redundancies, grammar mistakes and more.
- Check for consistency of spelling, hyphenation, and capitalization;
– Eliminate clichés and redundancies;
- Check for plagiarism and unoriginal content;
- Online grammar and spelling checker;
- Improve readability;
- Find overused words;
- Improve dull paragraph structure;
- Find repeated words and phrases;
- Eliminate vague, abstract, and complex words from your writing;
- High quality copy-editing and proofreading services;
Track Changes is a great tool for collaborative writing. It allows users to see changes and editing that have been down to the paper and when and who did them and whether to accept or reject these modifications.
- Manage Changes: Accept or reject changes easily by using the Track Changes sidebar
- Easy to Review: Changes are color coded for easy review: additions are in green and deletions are in red with strikethrough.
- Simple Controls: Turn Track Changes on or off and reset tracking with a single click using the Add-ons menu.
- Secure and Private: No part of your document is ever transmitted or stored outside of Google’s servers.
If you are working on a document on Google Docs and want to insert citations, EasyBib is the best add-an to use. It lets you easily look for and access citations and also generates a bibliography for your paper. You can choose from the three different citation formats: APA, MLA, or Chicago.
Watch this short video to learn more about how to use EasyBib on your Google docs.