All writing starts with an idea which is then expanded and elaborated, but coming up with ideas to write about is not always easy particularly when you have to teach different classes. This is where digital writing prompts come in handy.These are web tools that you can use to generate ideas and story starters for students to write about. I have compiled some of these tools for you below , check them out
1- Things to Think About
Kids’ Things to Think About provides 100 prompts to spark thinking for written responses and encourage conversations about ideas and issues for kids. Created by students and teachers in Michigan, it can be used in classrooms or with families by allowing children to explore the prompts and by using them to guide a discussion or lesson.
- A story start is the first chapter of the book. The rest of the story is up to you.
- The story start could be written by a professional writer, a teacher, you or your classmates, or maybe even a celebrity!
- Take the story where you like. The only limits are your imagination and a word count. At the same time, other BoomWriters will be writing their own version of what happens next.
- When you’re done , you submit your entry for review.
- You and the other BoomWriters vote on the entry you think is the best.