I just learned through the Google Drive blog that the official iOS app of Google Drive has just been updated to version 2.0. It seems like Google has had a very busy summer preparing for all these new releases because just yesterday Google announced some major updates to Google Forms and now Google Drive app for iOS has been tremendously improved.
Here is a round-up of the most important improvements that have been added to Google Drive2.0 and which I thought you might need to know about:
- It features a new design which makes it easier for users to browse and preview files in Google files syncing service.
- It provides a card-style thumbnail layout,
- you can now toggle between the new thumbnail view and the traditional list view with a single tap
- You can now also view and edit files in landscape mode and see separate groupings of files and folders.
- search has been brought to the forefront of Google Drive for iOS.
- You can also easily copy the link for any file, move a file to a folder, or share a file.