Libreoffice is a free open source office suit software that you can download and install for free. Libreoffice has a set of writing and editing tools that resemble Microsoft Office.
Libreoffice is provided for free. It works on almost all the major operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and GNU/Linux ( Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva, Suse,…)
Some features of Libreoffice
Here is a set of the main features that Libreoffice offers to its users :
- It is free
- It requires a download
- It is available in several languages
- It has LGPL public license
- It is user friendly
- It has an intuitive interface that you can easily customize
- It is compatible with all major competitor file formats
- It lets you import files from Microsot Word, Excel and PowerPoint and many other formats, and can easily save to Microsoft Office and other formats when needed.