In conjunction with the release of iBooks app, the digital textbook app, Apple has also announced the launch of its new iBooks Author app that is designed specifically to help users create ebooks.
Some features of iBooks Author App
Here is a list of the main features that iBooks Author app offers to its users :
- It is free
- It lets users create apple ebooks
- It provides a variety of different book templates
- It offers several customization options to users such as the layout, design , cover etc
- It lets users include multimedia features to their ebooks
- Users can choose and customize their ebooks ‘table of contents, chapters an sections
- There are several page layout users can choose from
- It allows for importing text directly from a page or Word file
- Users can integrate some interactive widgets into their pages such as images, 3D objects, video, photo slideshows, quiz questions,custom HTML and keynote presentations.
- Users can preview their ebooks on their iPads before publishing
- Ebooks are stored in the library of iBooks store
iBooks Author seems to be a great idea in the democratization of knowledge sharing and information access but to what extent this new experience will succeed? Only time will tell.
Here is a video about iBooks Author