March , 2017
Below is a collection of some of the best Google apps for teachers and educators using Android. Our selection is based on our previous reviews of apps and tools created and shared by Googles. Our purpose is to bring to the awareness of teachers some important Google apps they can leverage in their instruction. We have turned this collection in a handy infographic which you can download and print in PDF format from this link.
Top Educational Android apps created by Google:
- Toonastic 3D: Draw, animate, and narrate your own cartoons.
- Blogger: Create and publish blogs
- Google Docs: Create, edit and collaborate with others on documents
- Google Classroom: Create, grade and distribute assignments
- Google Drive: Create, store and share files in the cloud
- Google Sheets: Create, edit, and collaborate with others on spreadsheets
- Gmail: Web-based email service.
- Google Maps: Realtime-time GPS navigation.
- Google Earth: Explore the world .
- Google Keep: Record, edit and share notes.
- Google Slides : Create, edit and share presentations.
- Hangouts: Free video or voice calls.
- Google Translate: Translate between 103 languages by typing.
- Google Calendar: Organize and manage your time.
- Cardboard: Virtual reality app.
- Google Photos: Organize and back-up your photos and videos.
- Google Duo: Duo is a one-to-one video calling app for everyone .
- Google Text to Speech: Read the text on your screen aloud.
- Chrome Remote Desktop: Securely access your computers from your Android device.
- Expeditions: Lead or join immersive virtual trips all over the world .
- Google Handwriting Input: Handwrite text on your phone or tablet in 97 languages.
- Google Arts and Culture: Discover museums and galleries from all over the globe.