October 3, 2015
Talking about augmented reality technology in teaching and learning the first thing that comes to mind is this wonderful app called Aurasma. Since its release a few years ago, Aurasma gained so much in popularity and several teachers have already embraced it within their classrooms. For those of you who are not yet familiar with how Aurasma works and how to use in it in your class, this handy guide from Apple in Education is a great resource to start with.
Aurasma Lesson Ideas is a free interactive iBooks book which features a collection of activities that let students ages 5 to 14+ use Aurasma to showcase their learning across different content areas. Some of these activities include:
- Host an interactive book walk and create illustrations and recordings of main events in stories
- Students will launch an interactive anti-bullying campaign by designing their own posters and videos
- Students can teach each other how to solve ratio and percentage problems through an Aurasma math workshop
- Students will create a persuasive video essay and use Aurasma to create a modern newspaper that spark debate
- Using Aurasma app, students will bring to life a consequential historical event or moment and as a class, create an interactive timeline