July 11, 2015
Smart PDF Scanner is an excellent app that allows you to scan documents and send them as PDFs or images. The app is free today and only for a limited period of time. Its regular price is $2,29. The way Smart PDF Scanner works is simple and easy: you simply snap a photo of your document using your iPhone or iPad and choose the format you want to send it in.
Some useful tips to help you make best scans include:
- Place your document on a darker surface to improve the edge auto-detection.
- You can drag the corners of the blue rectangle to fine tune it after taking a photo.
- Make sure there is adequate lighting. Use the flash in low-light conditions.
- You can tap on a page to edit its scan settings (including edges) after the fact
Smart PDF Scanner also enables you to organize your scanned documents using a simple tagging system with custom colour coded categories so you can easily browse and find your docs. There are different ways to share your scanned docs. You can email or print directly from the App, share them via AirDrop or upload them to cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive.
Some of the ways you can use Smart PDF Scanner include:
- Quickly scan and send contracts and forms
- Keep scans of important documents in your pocket, separate form the Photo Library
- Scan all your travel receipts for easy expense reports
- Keep digital copies of your notes and sketches
- Scan articles and send them to iBooks to read on the go