March 12, 2015
In an earlier post we shared a few days ago, we talked about four of the best iPad apps teachers can use to create and record podcasts. Today, we are sharing with you another set of apps that will allow you to find, subscribe to, and play podcasts. The first app in this list is Apple’s podcasting app which usually comes in pre-installed on Apple products. This app alone does a really great job but if you are looking for fancier and more advanced apps, the ones below are good to start with:
“Introducing the Podcasts app, an amazing way to discover, subscribe to, and play your favorite podcasts. Explore hundreds of thousands of free audio and video podcasts in the Featured tab, or browse Top Charts to see what's hot right now. Add your favorite podcasts to personal stations that stay up to date when new episodes become available. You can sync playlists from iTunes, or create an On-The-Go playlist to play just the episodes you want. iCloud keeps your subscriptions, stations, and play position in-sync across all your devices, computers, and Apple TV.
2- Overcast: Podcast player
“A powerful yet simple audio podcast player, with features such as Smart Speed, Voice Boost, and Smarter Playlists to help you listen to more podcasts in more places, try new shows, and completely control your experience.”
iCatcher allows you to subscribe, download and listen to your favorites while on the go. Some interesting features it offers include:
- Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
- Play audio in the background
- Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
- Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
- All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
- You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
- Full VoiceOver support
Downcast lets you download and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your iOS device without the need to sync with iTunes. Some of its features include:
- Search, subscribe to and download audio and video podcasts of any size
- Manually subscribe to podcasts via URL
- Download podcasts automatically
- Continue podcast downloads in the background*
- Browse and download older podcast episodes
- Auto-refresh podcast feeds
- Settings for auto-download and episode retention
- Import and export podcast feeds via OPML
- Import supported audio/video media files
For more podcasting apps, check out this and this article.