January 3, 2015
Open Culture has just released a new list of more than 260 MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses)that will take place during this month. The courses span different disciplines and subjects from digital learning to global health issues.Courses are arranged by start date, while evergreen courses, which can begin whenever you wish, are found at the bottom. Also, most of these courses offer “certificates” or “statements of completion,” though typically not university credit. A “$” indicates that the course is free, but the credential costs money.
I spent sometime perusing through this list of MOOCs and picked out the 6 courses that stood out to me. You can check the full list from this LINK.
- Foundations of Teaching for Learning 3: Learners and Learning (SA/VC$) – Commonwealth Education Trust on Coursera – January 5 (6 weeks)
- Critical Thinking in Global Challenges (SA) – University of Edinburgh on Coursera – January 19 (5 weeks)
- Digital Literacies II (NI) – San Diego County Office of Education on Canvas.net – January 26 (7 weeks)
- Reading for Understanding: Literacy for Learning in the 21st Century (NI) – WestEd on Canvas.net – January 26 (5 weeks)
- Gamification (SA/VC$) – University of Pennsylvania on Coursera – January 26 (6 weeks)
- K-12 Blended & Online Learning (SA/VC$) – Kennesaw State University on Coursera – January 13 (8 weeks)
- Introduction to Learning Technologies (NI) – University of Saskatchewan on Canvas.net – January 12 (10 weeks)
- 30 Days of TED (NI) – Canyons School District on Canvas.net – January 12 (5 weeks)
Courtesy of Cool Cat Teacher through whom I learned about these resources.
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .