After the post I shared here on how to create flipped videos via the use of annotations and other interactivity features on YouTube, I received a couple of emails from fellow teachers asking about certain functionalities on YouTube. Instead of answering each one individually, I decided to create this post and include in it the major important things a teacher should be able to do on YouTube.
Here is what you will get to learn from these tips:
- Know how to add subtitles and closed captions to your videos
- Add and edit annotations
- use enhancement features to improve your videos
- How to use YouTube video editor to combine, trim, add music and customize your clips
- How to search YouTube library for copyright-free music to add to your videos
- How to swap the audio track on our videos
1- How to use YouTube Video Editor
Get to learn about the basic features provided by YouTube video editor.This page will show you how to customize your videos using different toolsYou will also get to learn how to combine multiple videos and images in one video, how to trim your clips to custom lengths, and how to add music to your video from a library of approved tracks.
2- How to Add Subtitles and Captions to Your Videos
This feature allows you to add subtitles to your videos so that deaf people or those who speak a different language can understand your content.
3- How to Add Annotations to Your Videos
Annotations help you engage with viewers and make your videos more interactive. With annotations you can layer text, links, and hotspots over your video. They help you enrich the video experience by adding information, interactivity and engagement.
4- How to Enhance Your Videos
The enhancement functionality allows you to make tweaks and add effects to your videos. These include things such as:
- Auto-fix: Lets you adjust lighting and colour
- Stabilize: This allows you to adjust the video to correct any shakiness
- Slow motion: This enables you to slow the speed at which your video plays
- Trim: Lets you clip parts off the your video
- Filters: Choose from pre-set colour filters that you can apply to your video to give them a stylish and unique look.
- Face blurring: Protect the anonymity of people in your video.
5- Learn How to Find Music and Audio for Your Videos Using YouTube Audio Library
Learn how to use YouTube Audio Library to access and use sound tracks in your videos. The YouTube Audio Library is a collection of music and sound effects for YouTube creators to use in their videos.