December 26, 2014
Digital storytelling is a power way to get students engaged in learning. Using a variety of web tools students will be able to experiment with a set of important skills and literacies in a multimodal environment. They can use text, audio , video, images to communicate their ideas and enhance their visual literacy and writing competencies.
Some of the pluses of digital storytelling in education include:
- It develops creativity and critical thinking
- Students who are shy or afraid to talk in class get a chance to speak out their minds
- It empowers and provides students to express and share their voices
- It helps students explore the meaning of their own experience, give value to it, and communicate that experience with others.
- It develops students communicative skills
- It is a reflective process that helps students reflect upon their learning and find deep connections with the subject matter of a course or with an out-of-class experience.
- It fosters students sense of individuality
- It also gives students an opportunity to experiment with self-representation and establish their identity.
You can access and download the Google Doc version of these charts from this LINK.
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .