November 9, 2014
Social media has become so pervasive a technology among our teens and students that we simply can no longer turn a blind eye to it. One of the prevalent misconceptions around social media is that it is good only for socializing and making new friends when in fact at the core of social media is personal and professional growth. Using social media in education is a nascent field of study but with a huge and promising potential for learning and teaching.
Edutopia's resources are organized under the following headings:
- Creating Social Media Guidelines
- Student Engagement with Social Media
- Social Media for Professional Development
- Digital Citizenship and Online Safety
- Additional Resources on the Web