November 13, 2014
Today I am sharing with you some good course management platforms that you can use to organize your classes, post assignments and materials to students, grade their work, take attendance, share lessons and many more. Unlike Moodle and Blackboard, these platforms are all web based and do not require any software installation and some of them are even free to use.
Some of the pluses of using web-supported course management tools according to Nada Dabbagh (from University of North Carolina) include:
- They enable teachers to capture class activities and archive course content (both process and product).
- They allow teachers and students to access archived course content anytime they want
- They Provide students with opportunities to "contribute to the course through the use of asynchronous communication tools."
- They encourage active learning through the use of threaded discussions and other interactive features.
- They facilitate "peer review and collaboration on group projects"
- They "promote learning through multiple forms of interaction distributed across space, time, and various media".
Edmodo is a web-based platform that provides a safe and easy way for your class to connect and collaborate, share content, and access homework, grades and school notices. It is like Facebook but in a safe and controlled environment appropriate for school.
2- Plan Boo Edu
Plan Book Edu helps you with your lesson planning and makes your plans available anywhere you go. It also lets you attach files, Common Core Standards, print, export to Word or PDF, and share with your colleagues.
LearnBoost provides you with all the software you need to manage your classroom and school. It offers an online gradebook, lesson planning tools and many more.
Use Schoology to manage your lessons, gradebooks, engage your students, share content, and connect with other educators.
This is another good learning platform where teachers can manage their daily work and improve students performance. It allows instructors to track and grade assignments and provides a powerful suite of classroom tools to help with things such as attendance, grade book, calendars, seating charts, behaviour tracking and many more