A few months ago I posted here an article featuring 40 maps to teach students about Internet. The same creator of these maps, Vox, has recently released a set of 22 wonderful visualizations that contain some interesting facts. Some of these facts is really mind blowing ( e.g facts number 2 and 3) and is really worth having a looking at. I spent sometime today leafing through these visualizations and thought you might find them interesting as well.
Here is a quick round of up of these 22 facts, check out Vox original article to see the visualization.
- More than half the world's population lives inside this circle
- The British have invaded almost every country on earth
- Africa is much bigger than you think
- The wealthiest American in every state
- Switzerland is the best place to be born
- America is so big that its states are the size of countries
- Much of America in uninhabited
- The map of world wealth
- Fewer people are dying from war than ever before
- The most dangerous drugs in America are perfectly legal
- The Philippines is the world's most emotional country. Singapore is its least.
- Germany and Japan have the world's oldest populations. Niger has the youngest.
- Snapchat is more popular than Twitter among Millenials
- Half of US GDP comes from these 23 orange blotches
- Antarctica's weird time zones
- Guyana has the highest suicide rate in the world
- If the world was as tightly packed as New York City, everyone could fit into Texas
- Assault deaths in America are falling
- We've cut childhood mortality almost in half since 1990
- Global population will explode to 11 billion people by 2100
- You are a tiny speck of nothingness
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .