October 10, 2014
For those of you keen on improving their writing style and developing a robust academic ( and non-academic) writing style, the book collection below is definitely a must read.
- On Writing Well by William Zensser
- The Elements of Style by William Strunkand E.B. White
- Writing Down The Bones, Freeing The Writer Within by Natalie Golberg
- On Writing, A Memoir of The Craft by Stephen King
- How to Write a Book Review by Rebecca Graf
- The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing by Calvani, Mayra; Anne K.
- Learn to Write Badly by Billig Michael
- Stylish Academic Writing by Sword, Helen
- How to Write Short: Word Craft for Fast Times by Clark, Roy Peter. (
- Writing Tools: 50 Essential Strategies for Every Writer by Clark, Roy Peter
- Writing without Teachers by Elbow Peter
- The Philosophy of Style by Herbert Spencer
- How to Write a Lot by Paul J, Silvia
- Why I Write by George Orwell
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott.
- They Say I Say: The Moves That Matter in Academic Writing by Gerarld Graff and Cathy Birkenstein.
- A Canadian Writer's Reference by Diana Hacker