July 17, 2014
The Six Thinking Hats is a book written by Edward de Bono in which he lays out a practical method that expands on the very simple concept of thinking. Since its publication a decade ago, several teachers and educators worldwide have adopted Edward's thinking approach with success. The Six Thinking Hats can be used with students in class to enhance their thinking and decision making skills.
- White hat: neutral and objective, concerned with facts and figures
- Read hat: the emotional view
- Black hat: careful and cautious, the "devil's advocate" hat
- Yellow hat: sunny and positive
- Green hat: associated with fertile growth, creativity, and new ideas
- Blue hat: the color of the sky, above everything else.
If you haven't yet read Six Thinking Hats then you should definitely do so before the start of the new school year. It has loads of insightful knowledge to help you enhance your students thinking skills.
To bring you close to the concept of the Six Thinking Hats, I am sharing with you this awesome poster to use in class:
Six Thinking Hats Quick Summary