June 4, 2014
Today as I was going through the official stats released by YouTube about its viewership, I was amazed at the amount of time spent uploading and watching video content on this website. Equally amazing is the reach of YouTube among adults in the States which bypass any cable network. Here is a snapshot of some of the major stats that stood out to me from YouTube's report.
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
- YouTube is localized in 61 countries and across 61 languages
- According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. The number of people subscribing daily is up more than 3x since last year, and the number of daily subscriptions is up more than 4x since last year
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .