May 21, 2014
I just come across this wonderful visual entitled "Growth in Flipped Learning" and want to share it with you as well. The visual is created by Sophia and Flipped Learning Network and features some interesting stats about the actual use of flipped learning methodology.
According to the Flipped Learning Network, Flipped learning is "a pedagogical approach in which direct instruction moves from the group learning space to the individual learning space, and the resulting group space is transformed into a dynamic, interactive learning environment where the educator guides students as they apply concepts and engage creatively in the subject matter. "
|Snapshot taken from Sophia's graphic|
Here are some of the highlights from this graphic :
- 78% of teachers have flipped a lesson in 2014
- 96% of teachers who have flipped a lesson or unit would recommend that method to other teachers.
- the majority of flipped teaching still occurs in high school
- 9 out of 10 teachers noticed a positive change in student engagement since flipping their class.
- 71% of teachers stated improved grades since using flipped classroom
- Close to half of teachers flip their class 1 or 2 times a week showing it doesn't need to be on everyday activity
- 93% of teachers who are flipping their classroom started as their own initiative.
- 74% of teachers said that their flipped learning efforts are supported by their school administration
Check out the full visual from this LINK.
Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .