April 1, 2014
I got several requests asking for iPad apps to use to send group text messages to students and parents. I did, however, featured here in Educational Technology and Mobile Learning a few days ago a list of two useful web tools to use for this purpose. These are the tools I have been using myself and trust. I am sharing with you their iPad versions below. Share with us if you know about other apps to add to this list.
ClassDojo helps teachers improve behavior in their classrooms quickly and easily. It captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators. Teachers can use this app to give their students positive behavior feedback and manage their classes, while parents can check on their child's progress at school. Beautiful reports and easy classroom management are all built in - and everything syncs across all of your devices!
Remind101 provides a safe way for teachers to text message students and stay in touch with parents. It is 100% free and is used by over 700,000 teachers, students and parents to send millions of messages every month.
Some of the features of Remind101 include:
- A teacher communication tool that allows you to message your entire class of students and improve parent involvement.
- Teachers never see students' phone numbers. Students never see theirs.
- Students and parents join by sending a text message. No computer needed.
- As a safety precaution, only one-way messaging is permitted, allowing teachers to send updates and reminders without having to worry about managing another inbox.
- Great for parent teacher communication: improve parental engagement at the primary school, elementary school, high school or college level.
- Inclusive classroom communication: students and parents who cannot receive text message notifications may opt in to receive their teachers messages via email.
- Have an upcoming test or quiz? Schedule text messages to be sent later.
Here is the beginning of my post. And here is the rest of it. Follow us on : Twitter, Facebook , Google plus, Pinterest .