April , 2014
Here is a cool visual I came across today which features some interesting tips to help you focus. From the 11 tips mentioned here the ones I find myself lacking are number 6 " clear your desk completely" and number 7" Put on headphones", I definitely can not concentrate with music playing.
Below is a round-up of the 11 tips to help you stay focused. Have a look and let us know what you think of them.
- Keep food on your desk. Glucose help your brain focus.
- Turn off the phone. Most phone calls are not urgent.
- Get a good chair. There is a reason- bosses don’t seat on cheap chairs.
- Time yourself and see how much you did in 1 hour.
- Shut off everything that you are not really using.
- Clear your desk completely.
- Put on headphones. Classical music or no music is best for focusing.
- Make a list. Make it short.
- Reward yourself. If you get focused, be proud of yourself.
- Frame a picture of your goal. And look at it every morning before work.
- Bring your pet with you. They help you focus