March 16, 2014
Turnitin uses pattern recognition algorithms to check for plagiarism and improper citations in students papers. Using Originality Check, teachers will be able to identify those unoriginal parts in students writings and will also be provided with the original sources of the plagiarized work. It is also integrated with cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox and students can submit their assignments right from these platforms into Turnitin Original Check.
This is another good web tool that teachers and educators can use to :
- Check the paper’s highlights to ensure citations are properly used.
- Check papers for spelling, grammar, usage and more.
- See how much of your paper matches content in Writecheck database.
Grammarly is both a grammar and plagiarism checker. It also provides several features that helps in proofreading. Some of the things you can do with Grammarly include:
- Instantly find and correct over 250 types of grammatical mistakes
- Improve word choice with context-optimized vocabulary suggestions
- Avoid plagiarism by checking your texts against over 8 billion web pages
- Upload or copy text files to check for plagiarism